HIGH FUUKIRAN MON

HIGH FUUKIRAN MON
Art by Alexander Vasiljev, Copyright © 2015

SUPER BIOGOLD FOR SALE

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

LONG AWAITED FLOWERS OF NEOFINETIA FALCATA 'HISUI' 翡翠

One of my favorite blooming FUUKIRAN is 'Hisui' 翡翠. I have always been drawn to green flowers, as green highlights its lines and shapes like no other. Related to that, I love black and white photography, as its somehow able to focus my eye on details, otherwise overlooked in color photos.

As I gaze at the flowers, it is clear, why this FUUKIRAN was named 'Hisui' 翡翠 or jade. There is a Chinese saying: "gold has a value; jade is invaluable". Green is quite rare among FUUKIRAN, especially at the time when 'Hisui' 翡翠 was discovered in 1980's. Besides, Jade is the national stone of Japan.

Last thing I want to mention is its fragrance, which reminds me of european cyclamen (Cyclamen purpurascens). As with many FUUKIRAN, its scent gets much stronger during the eveningt.

Although, old blooming specimens will impress with their profusion of flowers and foliage, my very young plant photographed on the rainy day, transcends delicateness.


Neofinetia falcata 'Hisui' 翡翠 displayed in pot with beautiful jade crackled glaze by the famous Heian Kouzan.


Neofinetia falcata 'Hisui' 翡翠 flowers close up.



No comments:

Post a Comment